Creamy Pea Salad: A Culinary Delight
The Creamy Pea Salad is not just another salad; it’s a delightful twist on the salads we’ve grown accustomed to. With its unique blend of ingredients and flavors, it promises a culinary experience that’s both familiar and novel. But what makes this salad stand out?
A Refreshing Alternative
Tired of the same old potato or pasta salads at barbecues and potlucks? The Creamy Pea Salad offers a refreshing change. With minimal cooking and a blend of rich ingredients, it’s a dish that’s both easy to prepare and delicious to taste.
Customizing Your Salad
While the basic recipe is delicious on its own, there’s always room for experimentation. Some folks love adding fresh dill, hard-boiled eggs, or even cashews. The possibilities are endless!
Quick and Easy Preparation
One of the standout features of this salad is its ease of preparation. With just a bit of chopping and mixing, you can have a delightful dish ready in no time. And if you’re looking to cut down on cooking, pre-cooked bacon is your friend.
Perfect for All Occasions
Whether it’s a summer picnic, a family get-together, or just a regular meal, the Creamy Pea Salad fits right in. Its refreshing taste makes it a hit, especially during the hot summer months.
Is the Creamy Pea Salad a good make-ahead recipe?
Absolutely! Prepare it up to two days in advance and store it in the fridge. Just add the bacon before serving.
How should I store leftovers?
Use an airtight container and refrigerate. Consume within 3-4 days for the best taste.
How long does the preparation take?
Just 10 minutes! It’s that quick and simple.
How many servings does the recipe yield?
Around ten servings or ten small bowls.
Any recommended additions?
Hard-boiled eggs, cashews, peppers, cayenne for spice, diced celery, or even garlic powder can be great additions.
Can I make substitutions in the recipe?
Certainly! You can use shredded cheese instead of diced, Greek yogurt or ranch dressing in place of Miracle Whip, or even Canadian bacon instead of regular bacon.
- 2 packages (16 oz. each) frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1/2-1 cup diced Cheddar cheese
- 1/2-1 cup diced Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup Miracle Whip or mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preparation of Ingredients: Start by thawing the frozen peas. While they’re thawing, dice the Cheddar and Mozzarella cheeses into small cubes. Finely chop the red onion and set aside. Cook the bacon until crispy, then crumble it into small pieces.
- Mixing the Salad: In a large mixing bowl, add the thawed and drained peas.
- Adding Cheeses: Gently fold in the diced Cheddar and Mozzarella cheeses to the peas, ensuring they’re evenly distributed.
- Incorporating the Onion: Add the finely chopped red onion to the mixture.
- Dressing the Salad: Pour in the Miracle Whip or mayonnaise, whichever you’re using. Mix well until all ingredients are well-coated with the dressing.
- Seasoning: Season the salad with salt and pepper according to your taste. Mix again to ensure the seasoning is evenly distributed.
- Adding the Bacon: Finally, sprinkle the crumbled bacon over the salad and gently fold it in, ensuring it’s evenly mixed throughout the salad.
- Refrigeration: Cover the bowl with a lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate the salad for at least an hour before serving. This allows the flavors to meld together.
- Serving: Before serving, give the salad a quick stir to mix any settled dressing. Serve chilled.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Refrigeration Time: 1 hour | Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes Kcal: 327 kcal | Servings: 10 servings
The Creamy Pea Salad is more than just a dish; it’s an experience. With its delightful blend of ingredients and flavors, it promises to be a hit at any gathering. So the next time you’re thinking of a salad, why not give this one a try? You won’t be disappointed!